spec browsing the data sheets
on page above S&B Hultec sealing solutions for PVC Pipe = remove S&B
Photos of large gaskets
Click image below to see larger size for choosing photos
on this site, will I use other logos, Terramix etc?
Jason@viralmarketing.biz — send me photos, etc
Jason to add the following pics(need to make decision if to add to web)
click on thumbnail below to see larger size of pics available.
to keep for pvc page later maybe
THE RIEBER PVC PIPE SEALING SYSTEM
The Rieber system provides a proven PVC coupling pipe joint with an excellent track record in the field. It is the fastest growing system in the world because of its many advantages.
Factory installed locked-in gasket.
The pipe bell forms over the gasket making a perfect fit.
Avoids the possibility of installing the wrong gasket.
Reduces installation problems.
The locked-in gasket eliminates gasket roll-out during joining.
The gasket is molded vs. extruded and spliced.
Works equally well under pressure or vacuum.
Three sealing points achieved vs. two.
“The worlds best joint”
This PVC pipe seal enables a high level of productivity and increased reliability of your pipe seal or joint which can be easily installed without a specific level of technical expertise or additional mechanical supports, brackets or clamps. The integrity of your joint is ensured by optimising technology and the development of a totally new method of joining. This method has a proven track record and installed base where old or damaged pipes have been replaced.
HOW IT WORKS – PROPERTIES AND DESIGN FEATURES
THE RIEBER PLATINUM SEAL – MODERN GENERATION, ENERGY EFFICIENT SEALING SYSTEM FOR PVC PIPES
By far the most popular jointing mechanism for municipal pipelines is by way of spigot and pipe-end socket which has made PVC the preferred material by consulting engineers, installation contractors and municipal end users. The popularity of PVC pipes can be attributed to the many advantages offered by this sealing system: the ease with which pipelines can be installed at relatively low costs, allowance for angular deflection at joints, allowance for axial movements according to temperature and pressure changes, and allowance for ground movements.
Rieber is a generic name used to describe a steel-reinforced rubber seal that is incorporated in the pipe socket during manufacture, making the seal an integral part of the pipe. Being firmly fixed in the pipe socket ring groove, the steel reinforcing provides structural support and pre-compression of the rubber ring against the pipe wall, as shown. The tight anchoring of the seal prevents the ingress of soil and other foreign particles into the sealing zones.
The Rieber Platinum seal is the newest generation to be marketed in South and Southern Africa, with special designs for pressure and non-pressure sewer and drainage pipes. The seals are manufactured by S&B Hultec in a world class facility with ISO 9001-2000 accreditation and are exported to over 70 countries around the world.
|For the pipe manufacturer the socket forming process used with Rieber seals means better and more consistent quality pipe joints especially on the more problematic thicker wall, higher pressure classes of pipe. For the contractor this means improved quality of the installation while for the consulting engineer, proven trouble free performance long-term with no water leaks or water loss and more efficient use of energy, all of which enhances the value of the pipeline for the municipal authority.|
THE FASTEST GROWING PVC PIPE SEALING SYSTEM IN THE WORLD
The integrated Rieber sealing system has established a reputation as the most reliable PVC pipe jointing system in the world and is continuously increasing market share.
PRODUCTION PROCESS FOR INTEGRATED SEALING SYSTEM
|THE RIEBER SEALING SYSTEM – MAJOR ADVANTAGESThe Rieber seal has exceptional properties and design features, all of which combine to prevent problems:|
- Steel reinforcement: prevents deformation resulting from temperature changes which may cause problems during assembly.
- Integrated, part of the pipe socket: always positioned correctly in the socket and cannot be displaced during handling and pipe installation.
- Locked-in, fixed ring system: no displacement during operation.
- Pre-compression of the seal in the pipe socket groove: no sand ingress both prior to and during operation.
- Combined lip and compression sealing components: seals under all conditions of pressure and vacuum.
- Ease of jointing: no need for excessive force; faster installation.
PRESSURE VARIATIONS IN THE PIPELINE
Rieber’s design features provide exceptional hydrostatic strength, preventing the seal shifting during axial and frictional movements in the pipeline. These movements can occur under pulsating pressures caused by water hammer or pressure surges: Rieber’s design features prevent sand ingress and displacement under these conditions.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
RIEBER: THE BEST PIPE SEAL IN THE WORLD
|Modern, integrated pipe sealing systems guaranteeing no leaks of precious water resources are essential and allow for the most efficient use of energy. The Rieber seal, fixed in the pipe socket, has already established a reputation as the most reliable jointing system for PVC pipes, both pressure and non-pressure.ADVANTAGES FOR THE PIPE MANUFACTURER|
- Improved quality of pipe-end sockets.
- Simplified production – the socket is formed automatically over the seal, making the seal an integral (locked-in) part of the joint.
- Improved productivity.
- Partnership with the most successful and advanced seal company in the world.
RIEBER JOINT – MANUFACTURING ADVANTAGE
BENEFITS FOR THE CONTRACTOR
- Improved quality of installations.
- Pre-compression of seal in the ring groove prevents contamination of sealing surfaces, especially in sandy areas.
- Low assembly forces.
- Fool-proof sealing system, user friendly, suitable for unskilled installers.
- More forgiving with respect to pipe ovality and pipes cut in the field (chamfer).
- Better installation rates (m/day).
- On time commissioning of pipe lines.
INTEGRAL PIPE-END JOINTS – THE RIEBER SEALING SYSTEM
BENEFITS FOR THE END USER
- On-time performance.
- Superior pipe joint and ease of installation means on-time testing and commissioning of pipe lines.
- Eliminates leaks – no water loss.
- More efficient use of energy.
LONG TERM PERFORMANCE
- Ultimate reliability of sealing performance long-term.
- Self-sealing regardless of pressure, better vacuum performance.
- Means high resistance to infiltration or exfiltration.
- Provides pipelines of greater value.
- Confidence in having the best, most reliable sealing system in the world.